The Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) program at SGT University is a four-and-a-half-year (1+ year for internship) professional degree program that trains the student rigorously in the traditional Ayurvedic principles and practices.
The Faculty of Indian Medical System at SGT University is considered of the best universities in Delhi NCR and Haryana for ayurvedic studies.
Ayurvedic medicine is one of the oldest and most holistic systems of medicine in the world. It is rooted in the Vedic tradition of India and is based on the principle of balance in the body, mind, and spirit. Like Naturopathy, but having more ancient and time-tested roots, Ayurveda focuses on the prevention of disease, and creating harmony in the body (a balance between the three doshas: Vata, Kapha, and Pitta).
Ayurvedic medicine is classified into eight branches:
- kayachikitsa (internal medicine)
- shalya chikitsa (surgery)
- shalakya chikitsa (eye, ear, nose and throat diseases)
- kaumara bhrtya (paediatrics)
- agada tantra (toxicology)
- rasayana chikitsa (geriatrics)
- vajikarana chikitsa (aphrodisiacs).
Why study BAMS at SGT University?
- The BAMS course at SGT University covers all the aspects of Ayurveda, from the basic principles to the advanced practices. The College is attached to IMS-Ayurveda Hospital that provides top-notch traditional medicinal services like
- Panchakarma procedures
- Classical Ayurvedic treatments like Ksharsutra, Agnikarma, Snehan, Swedan, and Raktmokshan
- The Faculty of Indian Medical System is equipped with cutting-edge modern facilities like projectors, central air conditioning, interactive panels, Wi-Fi, etc.
- The BAMS program is designed to prepare students for a career in Ayurvedic medicine, with a focus on preventative care, health promotion, disease management, etc. After . . . . . . graduating from BAMS, a student of SGT will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Ayurvedic medicine and how to apply them in a clinical setting
- Diagnose and treat patients using Ayurvedic principles and practices
- Prescribe Ayurvedic medicines and therapies
- Conduct research on Ayurvedic medicines and therapies
- Teach Ayurvedic principles and practices to others
- The Faculty of Indian Medical System at SGT University has 14 departments including all the important limbs of Ayurvedic Medicine like Ayurveda Samhita evum Siddhant (Basic Principles), Rachana Sharira (Anatomy), Kriya Sharira (Physiology), etc.
- SGT University is accredited by the Medical Council of India.
Jobs and Placements after BAMS
After BAMS a wide variety of jobs opens up for students. Some of the popular jobs undertaken by BAMS graduates are:
- Ayurvedic Consultant at Panchakarma Ashrams
- Ayurvedic Doctor
- Ayurvedic Physician
- Business Development Officer
- Category Manager
- Clinical Trial Coordinator
- Product Manager
- Sales Representative
List of Nursing Courses offered by SGT University
SGT University offers both UG and PG courses in Ayurveda. The following are the courses offered by SGT University under the Faculty of Indian Medical System:
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery
- Ph.D. in Ayurveda, with specializations in [Agada Tantra, Dravya Guna, Kaumarbhritya, Prasuti Tantra & Stree Roga, Roganidana, Kayachiktisa, Panchakarma, Sharir Rachna, Shalya Tantra, Shalakya Tantra]
If you are interested in a career in Ayurvedic medicine, the BAMS program at SGT University is the perfect choice for you! Learn the ancient Indian medicinal system that has stood the test of time, and help society cure and prevent lifestyle diseases.